Bananas are high in fibre and easy on little tummies as well as being packed with potassium, vitamin C. This recipe makes a soft pancake which is easy to hold and great for babies learning to master the new skill of chewing.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oats
- large handful of fresh spinach
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat a fry pan over a medium heat. Add ½ tsp coconut oil.
- Once melted, pour mixture into pan.
- The mixture can be made into one large pancake or smaller sized pikelets.
- When the mixture starts to bubble flip and then cook until golden on the second side.
- Serve warm, with yogurt and fresh fruit
(Note due to size variations in eggs and bananas, you may need to add a little more oats or liquid)