The beetroot gives this bread a fun pink colour and is also packed with vitamin B3, a source of potassium and folate.Beetroot contains a unique group of red pigments called betalains, which may have anti-inflammatory activity. Being wheat free this bread is more gentle on little tummies with developing digestive systems.
- 2 cups grated beetroot
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp oil (macadamia or olive oil)
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the beetroot, eggs and oil into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix again until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle the seeds on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out of the bread clean.
Note: This is delicious straight out of the warm, or cut into slices, cool and freeze.