Cacao, Oat & Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are a great snack for both Mummy and your little one and they are sweetened only with fruit. They are great both fresh out of the oven or out of the freezer for an easy snack on the go. Blueberries are often a favourite with little people, and are a great source of antioxidants. With the oats providing a good source of carbohydrate which will help keep you both full for longer. Plus they are egg and dairy free!
- 2 Tbsp flaxseeds, ground
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Future Foody Stage 1 Apple
- 1 1/2 cups blueberry
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- Place the flaxseed into a bowl and add 1/3 cup of water. Leave to sit for 30minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line your muffin tins.
- Place the oats into a food processor and process until a flour is formed.
- Transfer into a bowl and add remaining dry ingredients. Mix.
- Add apple puree and vanilla and mix.
- Lastly add the blueberries and gently fold.
- Spoon mixture into tins and bake for around 25minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.