Pumpkin + Seed Crackers
Kids just love crackers. But if you take a quick walk down the cracker isle at the supermarket you will see that many have added sugar and salt and you won’t see many vegetables in sight!
Here is an easy cracker recipe that not only contains goodness from a vegetable but also protein from quinoa and good fats from the seeds.
Note: Seeds are a small hard food and therefore a choking risk, please consider your child’s age abilities when offering any new food.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 3/4 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- Preheat oven to 180•C and line a baking tray with paper.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until a dough is formed. The dough will be slightly sticky however depending on the consistency of the purée you may need to add more quinoa if it is too sticky to roll out.
- Place the dough onto baking paper and roll out evenly until thin.
- Pre- cut using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Bake in oven for around 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then break the crackers along the pre-cut lines.