The New Mum Cookie
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups spelt four
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 block Whittaker’s 62% Dark Chocolate
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200*C.
- Add softened butter and sugar into a cake mixer bowl and beat until creamy.
- Stop mixer, and add peanut butter and mix again until smooth.
- One at a time, break eggs into a small bowl and then pour into the large cake mixer bowl. Beating well after each egg.
- Gradually beat in the flour, baking powder and oats.
- Stop the mixer again, and add the chocolate, either on low or mix by hand with a large spoon.
- Roll tablespoon amounts into balls, place on a prepared baking tray and flatten with a fork.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for around 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the baking tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool further.